On successful completion of the Principal Engineer Apprenticeship, the apprentice is awarded a Level 10 Doctorate in Engineering.
The lead industry partner for this apprenticeship is CONFIRM Smart Manufacturing. The apprenticeship is a 4 year programme is delivered by The University of Limerick. It involves a mix of face to face and online delivery of modules:
- 270 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) in total. 198 ECTS of research, 54 ECTS of taught material and 18 ECTS (3 x 6 ECTS) of evidence of progression at the end of Years 2, 3 & 4. There are 12 taught modules delivered to students on the programme. These are all marked on a pass/fail basis. Six of the modules form the Certificate in Generic and Transferable Skill available to all doctoral students. The remaining 6 are specific to the programme.
- 70% delivered "on-the-job" in the workplace through self-directed research and academic supervision.
- 30% delivered in face-to-face and online modules delivered through the University of Limerick.
The employer pays the apprentice for the duration of this apprenticeship programme. The rate of pay agreed for this apprenticeship is agreed between the employer and the apprentice.
A registration fee/student contribution is payable for this apprenticeship.
· To gain entry to the programme, students must pass a Qualifier Module PT 8001 – fee €250
· Student registration fee: €35
· The student contribution is 30% of the national student fees set nationally and is subject to change. The annual fee for 2019/2020 is €900.
For more information on apprenticeships contact email@example.com or call:
Philomena Kelly 083 3505399 or Elaine Butler 086 1738643